Our beginning go back in time up to 1898. We started our International trade activity in 1910 and becoming very soon one of the leading Spanish companies in the market.
- Origins, Olive Storage: At same place we are located today, it was built an olive storage to accommodate the production of the surrounding olive farms.
- First olive export to USA: Our first shipment took place in the early 1910’s to USA. Olives, placed in wooden barrels, were loaded at Sevilla’s port.
- BEATRICE FOODS Joint Venture: A joint venture was established a joint venture between the Spanish owners and the US multinational corporation Beatrice Foods Inc. A packaging plant was built on site.
- First Pitting/Stuffing machines: The R&D+I department developed the first pimiento paste process in the world. This advanced technique was copied since Interoliva did not patent the invention.
- CARLOS JIMENEZ acquires 100% of INTEROLIVA’s stock: The company had different ownerships until Carlos Jimenez acquired the company. He developed a renewal process of the company, especially in quality, technology and R&D+I.
- Ball Stuffing™ First Production: The R&D+I department developed the unique Ball Stuffing™ technique. This technology was patented worldwide.
- Quality Certifications: Among the years, Interoliva achieved the highest quality certifications: BRC, IFS, Organic Certification, ISO9001, Kosher, etc.
- Olive Orchard renewal: Sanabria’s Farm went into a full renewal plan with a total investment of 10 million €.
- Since January 12th of 2016, SAINBERG OLIVES COMPANY participates in INTEROLIVA’s shares through an increase in capital.