Our beginnings go back in time up to the first years of the XX century, but we started our international trade activity around 30 years ago, becoming very soon becoming of the leading Spanish companies in the market.
- Origins, Olive Storage: At same place we are located today, it was built an olive storage to accommodate the production of the surrounding olive farms.
- First olive export to USA: Our first shipment took place in the early 1910’s to USA. Olives, placed in wooden barrels, were loaded at Sevilla’s port.
- BEATRICE FOODS Joint Venture: A joint venture was established a joint venture between the Spanish owners and the US multinational corporation Beatrice Foods Inc. A packaging plant was built on site.
- First Pitting/Stuffing machines: The R&D+I department developed the first pimiento paste process in the world. This advanced technique was copied since Interoliva did not patent the invention.
- CARLOS JIMENEZ acquires 100% of INTEROLIVA’s stock: The company had different ownerships until Carlos Jimenez acquired the company. He developed a renewal process of the company, especially in quality, technology and R&D+I.
- Ball Stuffing™ First Production: The R&D+I department developed the unique Ball Stuffing™ technique. This technology was patented worldwide.
- Quality Certifications: Among the years, Interoliva achieved the highest quality certifications: BRC, IFS, Organic Certification, ISO9001, Kosher, etc.
- Olive Orchard renewal: Sanabria’s Farm went into a full renewal plan with a total investment of 10 million €.
- Since January 12th of 2016, SAINBERG OLIVES COMPANY participates in INTEROLIVA’s shares through an increase in capital.